Volunteering is an excellent opportunity to become more involved in the market and to support our local food system and our local farmers. Volunteers help bridge the vendor and consumer communities at the Waco Downtown Farmers Market. We provide volunteer opportunities and support for the vendors.
So that we know you are interested in volunteering – please sign up using the form on the right side of the screen – so we have your contact information.
Volunteer at the Market:
- WDFM Welcome Booth – answer general questions, help visitors navigate the market, and operate the Market Token System
- Vendor Assistants (varies by Market) – assist Market vendors unable to be present on Market days by staffing their booth
- Trash and Recycling – help clean up the grounds during Market hours and after the Market closes for the day
- Market Photographer (1 volunteer/market) – document each market and the bounty of the season
Volunteer during the Week (to prep for Market Days):
- Website Assistance – techie help for making our Market website smashing!
- Social Media-tors – have a Facebook page, Twitter account, Blog? Then spread the word! Share news and updates about Market happenings with your friends and families
- Fundraising – if you are passionate about local food and not scared to share the good news, please consider helping us ask others to become passionate!
- Vendor Recruiters – visit other farmers markets around the states and search for good additions to the WDFM
- Musician Recruiters – identify potential musical acts for Market Saturdays
- Market Events – help the WDFM Board plan events at the Market – including chef demonstrations, guest speakers, kid’s activities
Please contact Bethel Erickson-Bruce for more details about how you can get involved volunteering at the Waco Downtown Farmers Market: firstname.lastname@example.org.