For a comprehensive list of everyone involved with the Waco Downtown Farmers Market, view the Farmers at Market tab in the menu at the top of the screen.
If you are interested in participating in the WDFM as a vendor, here’s the process:
- Find out if you qualify.
- Purchase an Application.
- The Market Manager and Operations Committee review applications the first week of each month, and make decisions based on our Vendor Criteria – as outlined in the City of Waco’s Farmers Market Permit (see below). Expect up to two weeks for processing.
- Pending Market approval, you will receive additional Vendor Documents (Market Token Information Sheet, and SNAP Program Agreement Form) to fill out and return to the Market Manager prior to your first market day.
- You will be added to the WDFM Vendor Email List to receive weekly updates on the site plan and pertinent info for upcoming Market days.
- Spaces at Market are reserved according to tenure at Market and electrical needs.
-Application Fee is $20 (non-refundable).
-Annual membership is $50 (and due on or before your SECOND market day).
-Single booth fee is $25/week (option to increase to a double booth at $50/week).
-Electricity is an additional fee – $10/week.
- For complete rules about becoming a Market Vendor, here is the most current version of the City of Waco’s Farmers Market Permit Ordinance.
- Vendor Rules & Regulations can be reviewed here (PDF document).
- McLennan County Health Department’s Food Vendor Requirements – ie the checklist the Health Department uses to make sure your food is safe for public sale and consumption.
- McLennan County Health Department’s Temporary Food Permit – needed for vending at special events throughout the County.
- If you are interested in selling processed or value-added goods (ready-to-eat foods, most canned items, etc), you must obtain a Food Manufacturers License from the Department of Health and Human Services – as well as operate out of a commercial kitchen.
- Link to obtain your Food Managers License via an online certification course
- If you suspect a vendor is re-selling produce at Market, please fill out the Vendor Re-Selling Complaint form and return it to the Market Manager or WDFM Board member.